Monday, March 19, 2007

What the F#(K happened????

A couple of nights ago, me and a friend were having dinner and we started to talk about the old raving days. Now I used to be a guess what would be classified as a "Raver". i had the baggie pants, tee-shirts, kid backpack, and of course, Kandy. LOL!! Pretty funny to think about those days now. I attended my first rave in the Summer of 1999. Thanks to my good friend Jim, who took me and introduced me to a scene that would for ever change my life. I instantly fell in love. With the music, people, etc. the whole environment. It was something that I never experience before and I knew that I somehow belonged there. (Maybe it was just the drugs.. haha)
Anyway, my friend recommend a site Living Art, which has tons of old pics from back in the day. So while I'm sitting here waiting for 5:00 to hit, I thought why not..
Damn, where did the time go... Looking at all those old photos, even some where I'm in the background, it brought tears to my eyes. I know, that sounds so corny, but it did. I remember those days like it was yesterday. Partying out in the desert, being the first to arrive, and one of the last to leave, when the sun came up...Watching the sun rise over the mountain, with Trance music blasting in the background. It was something else. I was lucky! One of the lucky ones to catch the end of the last underground desert parties. Before the Ice House, or Nile. Under the stars, in natures arena, it was beautiful.
All those old pics, so long ago. I wonder if some of those peeps still rave. Are the still out there somewhere. Or are they like me, with a family and with responsibilities. And only go party when they can or when there is an awesome DJ in town. I wonder???
The scene has definitely changed, tons of new faces, a lot of new kids.... But the scene is still going strong, I think... But its nice to think about all those years ago, and laugh at all the good times I had. It does bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes.. But in the end those days, were some of the best times in my life!!!

No comments: